You Know You’re Canadian When…
I am so excited that I get to spend Canada Day in Canada this July 1st!!
Living in the US for the past three years, I have noticed a few things that make Canadians…well Canadian, eh! Here are my top 20 Canadian things that make us awesome!!
You know you’re Canadian when…
- Sorry, but we do say sorry a lot…actually, not sorry…sorry! Lol
- A tuque is way, way cooler than a beanie!! Sorry.
- We know what a chesterfield is…look it up.
- We know what a keener is.
- We can say Regina without giggling
- We don’t get why Newfoundland is so hard for Americans to pronounce properly?
- We drank Homo milk from a bag when we were kids. Did your grandmothers rinse and use them as sandwich bags too?…anyone??
- Anytime anyone says New Orleans, we automatically sing in our heads: is sinking man and I Don’t Wanna Swim…Swim!! Ok, I sing it out loud and when I do my American friends wonder what the hell is wrong with me. Especially when I yell out the last …Swim!!
- When we get our drivers license our dads teach us how to use booster cables and every Canadian dad has a set in his trunk, don’t believe me? Go check!
- When your buddy says he is going to pick up a two – four, you know exactly what that is.
- The May two – four weekend is a big deal! It may actually be the most Canadian weekend of the year?
- Car!! Every Canadian reading this has just had a flashback to their childhood, no need to explain what it means. Lol
- No one in Canada says ice hockey or ice skating, the ice part is a given!!
- We all know that the scariest creatures in the wild are, Canadian Geese, those mother’s are assholes!
- It’s hard to buy into Drake’s hood image because we grew up watching him on Degrassi High.
- Every Halloween you fought with your mom because she wanted you to wear your skidoo suit over your costume…she always won.
- We know what a skidoo suit is.
- We think Mr Dress Up was way cooler than Mr Rogers! And a giant who hung out with a chicken and giraffe seemed perfectly plausible. Look up…waayyy up.
- The I Am Canadian commercial gave you chills the first time you saw it…ok it still does.
- In the US, everyone has someone in their family who “served” their country. In Canada everyone has a Mountie in their family. It’s usually a cousin; I’ve had three!!
Did I miss anything on my list? Can you relate to all of these?
I hope you have an awesome long weekend!! And happy July 4th to our neighbors to the south.
Who are we kidding most of my blog posts are super entertaining, so sign up! Like and follow!